- Prayer and Worship
- Beliefs and Teachings
- Issues and Action
- Catholic Giving
- About USCCB
"Safeguarding the Dignity of Every Human Person"
The ministry of the Word is a fundamental element of evangelization through all its stages, because it involves the proclamation of Jesus Christ, the eternal Word of God.
“The word of God nourishes both evangelizers and those who are being evangelized so that each one may continue to grow in his or her Christian life”
(National Directory for Catechesis [NDC] [Washington, DC: United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, 2005], no. 17).
This series focuses on the theme, “Matrimony: Sacrament of Enduring Love.” Those who have been designated by the community to serve as catechists will be called forth to be commissioned for their ministry. Catechetical Sunday is a wonderful opportunity to reflect upon the role that each person plays, by virtue of Baptism, in handing on the faith and being a witness to the Gospel. Catechetical Sunday is an opportunity for all to rededicate themselves to this mission as a community of faith.
- Opening of the Year InService for Catechists and Catholic School Teachers
- Adult Faith Formation
- A Model for the Immediate Catechesis for the Sacrament of Marriage
- Theology of the Body: A Catechesis into the Fullness of Love
- Responsibility and Joy: Catechesis and the Promotion and Protection of Marriage
- Celebrating the Rite of Marriage
- Scriptural Reflections on Marriage and Marital Love as Reflective of the Union of God and Israel and Christ and the Church
For Catechetical Leaders
- Formation in Human Sexuality, Marriage, and Family Life
- Engaging Ecclesial Movements and Associations in Support of the Church’s Ministry to Marriage and Families
[these articles might make excellent parish bulletin inserts]
- Married Couples and the Challenge of Extended Tours, Financial Pressures, and Reentry into the Family After Military Service
- Advent-Christmas and Lent-Easter Reflections: Cultivating the Gift of Self
- Lent-Easter Reflections: Cultivating the Gift of Self
- Pornography’s Effects on Marriage and the Hope of Recovery and Healing
- The Church’s Healing Ministry in Caring for Those Touched by the Trauma of Separation and Divorce
- The Christian Family and the Evangelization of Children
By accepting this message, you will be leaving the website of the
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This link is provided
solely for the user's convenience. By providing this link, the United
States Conference of Catholic Bishops assumes no responsibility for,
nor does it necessarily endorse, the website, its content, or