- Prayer and Worship
- Beliefs and Teachings
- Issues and Action
- Catholic Giving
- About USCCB
"Safeguarding the Dignity of Every Human Person"
The ministry of the Word is a fundamental element of evangelization through all its stages, because it involves the proclamation of Jesus Christ, the eternal Word of God.
“The word of God nourishes both evangelizers and those who are being evangelized so that each one may continue to grow in his or her Christian life”
(National Directory for Catechesis [NDC] [Washington, DC: United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, 2005], no. 17).
This series focuses on the theme “Catechesis and the Proclamation of the Word.” Those whom the community has designated to serve as catechists will be called forth to be commissioned for their ministry. Catechetical Sunday is a wonderful opportunity to reflect on the role that each person plays, by virtue of Baptism, in handing on the faith and being a witness to the Gospel. Catechetical Sunday is an opportunity for all to rededicate themselves to this mission as a community of faith.
- Opening of the Year In-Service for Catechists and Catholic School Teachers
- Mid-Year In-Service for Catechists and Catholic School Teachers
- Catechesis and the Proclamation of the Word: An Adult Formation Activity
- What Does Evangelization Look Like? Mind the Gap by Fr. J. Brian Bransfield, STD
- Catechesis: "Teaching What God Has Taught Us", by Fr. Robert A. Pesarchick, STD
- The Great Commission: Ad Gentes by Sr. Judith Gomila, MSC
- Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi: The Word of God in the Celebration of the Sacraments by Fr. Rick Hilgartner
- Ever Ancient, Ever New: The Art and Practice of Lectio Divina by Sr. Antoine Lawlor, IHM, Dmin
Family Teaching Materials
By accepting this message, you will be leaving the website of the
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This link is provided
solely for the user's convenience. By providing this link, the United
States Conference of Catholic Bishops assumes no responsibility for,
nor does it necessarily endorse, the website, its content, or