Billings Ovulation Method Association – USA (BOMA-USA)
P.O. Box 2135
St. Cloud, MN 56302
(320) 654-6486 FAX
BOMA-USA is the only authorized representative of the Billings Ovulation Method (BOM) in the United States. The BOM is a cervical mucus method developed by the Drs. John and Evelyn Billings of Melbourne, Australia.
Couple to Couple League International (CCLI or "CCL")
- Both client and teacher education in the Billings Ovulation Method are provided.
- Client education is provided in group or private on-site class instruction.
- Online charting software is available.
- Teacher education is provided in English and Spanish via on-site programs or through a correspondence course.
- BOMA-USA maintains a list of its certified teachers.
- Multi-language education is provided by WOOMB-International (http://www.thebillingsovulationmethod.org).
- Additional education programs can be scheduled for health-care professionals, clergy, and the general public. Contact for more information.
P.O. Box 111184
Cincinnati, Ohio 45211-1184
4290 Delhi Pike
Cincinnati, OH 45238
(513) 557-2449 FAX
CCL is a provider of the Sympto-Thermal Method (STM). STM is a multi-indexed method of NFP. It teaches the detection and interpretation of cervical mucus, changes in the basal body temperature (BBT) and cervical changes. It also teaches how to interpret other secondary signs of fertility.
Family of the Americas Foundation (FAM)
- Client and teacher education in the Sympto-Thermal Method (STM) is provided in both English and Spanish.
- Client education (English and Spanish) is provided by professionally certified teaching couples in their local areas or via live on-line classes. Distance education (a home study course) is also an option, with support available through phone and e-mail contact.
- Teacher education is provided via live on-site classes or through the Internet.
- CCL maintains a list of its certified teachers.
- CCL provides a variety of educational seminars for health-care professionals, clergy and the general public.
- CCL publishes many resources including the only NFP magazine in the USA (Family Foundations). Contact for further information.
P.O. Box 1170
Dunkirk, MD 20754
(301) 627-0847 FAX
FAM is a provider of the cervical mucus detection method. The FAM methodology is based on the research of the Drs. Billings.
Marquette University College of Nursing Institute for NFP (MINFP)
- Client education is provided in on-site classes and via the US Postal system. An interactive CD program enhances the program.
- Teacher education is provided in on-site programs and via the US Postal system.
- FAM maintains a list of its certified teachers.
- FAM will work with diocesan NFP staff to offer on-site educational events.
- FAM publishes educational resources in a variety of languages. Contact FAM for further information.
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881
(414) 288-1939 FAX
(Director, Richard Fehring, PhD, RN; firstname.lastname@example.org
MINFP provides education in the Sympto-Hormonal Method (SHM) also called the "Marquette Method." This approach integrates the basic information of the STM with the added feature of an electronic hormonal monitoring device.
NFP International (NFPI)
- MINFP offers on-line education for both clients and teachers at: http://nfp.marquette.edu.
- Teacher candidates must be health-care professionals (e.g., nurses, physicians, etc.).
- On-site classes are provided by individual teachers.
- Education in the Spanish language for clients is available.
- MINFP maintains a list of its certified teachers.
- MINFP is a research based institute. Questions regarding the state of NFP scientific research are welcomed. Contact MINFP for further information.
John and Sheila Kippley, Directors
NFPI provides client and teacher education in the Cross-Check Method (also called "STM"), a multi-indexed method of NFP. Mr. and Mrs.Kippley are "NFP pioneers" and the founders of the CCLI.
Northwest Family Services (NWFS)
- Client education is provided on-line. Support is offered to the student via e-mail and phone.
- Access to the NFP master teacher program is via e-mail.
- NFPI offers education in "Ecological Breastfeeding." Contact for further information.
6200 SE King Road
Portland, OR 97222
(503) 546-9397 FAX
NWFS provides education in the Fertility Matters method (or STM), a multi-indexed method of NFP that teaches the detection and interpretation of cervical mucus, basal-body temperature (BBT) and changes in the cervix. It also teaches how to interpret secondary signs of fertility.
Pope Paul VI Institute Creighton Model FertilityCare
- Both client and teacher education in the SymptoPro method ("STM") are provided.
- Client education is provided in on-site class programs and through correspondence course via the US Postal system, a client Internet course, and also a combination of correspondence and on-line education for clients who request both.
- A chart app. is available at no extra cost for Internet clients. All others will pay a one-time fee at time of purchase.
- Teacher education is only provided on-line.
- Client and teacher education is available in the Spanish language.
- NWFS maintains a list of its certified teachers.
- A variety of educational programs are available, notably an adolescent chastity curricula entitled, FACTS.
- Many resources are published by NWFS including an e-newsletter. Contact for further information.
6901 Mercy Road
Omaha, NE 68106
(402) 390-9851 FAX
The Pope Paul VI Institute provides education in the Creighton Model FertilityCare
Method of NFP. This is a cervical mucus detection method.
- Both client and teacher education are offered.
- Teacher education is offered in the Spanish language.
- The PPVI Institute is accredited by the American Academy of FertilityCare Professionals (AAFCP).
- The AAFCP maintains a list of certified Creighton Model FertilityCare teachers.
- A variety of educational programs are available for health care professionals, clergy and laity.
- Training in the innovative NaProTechnology, an ethical approach to womens' health care, is also provided to physicians.
- A variety of resources, including scientific research, is published by the PPVI Institute. Contact the Education department for further information.
A variety of NFP related resources and a national directory of NFP only physicians can be found at the website of One More Soul (OMS): http://www.onemoresoul.com
OMS is a non-profit organization dedicated to education on NFP and Catholic teaching which support its use in marriage.
Email us at email@example.com.
NFP Program, Secretariat of Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth | 3211 4th Street, N.E., Washington DC 20017-1194 | (202) 541-3240 © USCCB. All rights reserved.